Learn Spanish in Spain is the best way to learn this language. When you travel to another country, you get to know the culture, expand your vocabulary, become familiar with other accents, learn typical phrases,...
Living for a period of time in the country where the language you want to learn is spoken is the fastest and surest way to improve. It is proven that you improve much faster. Not to mention the opportunity to get to know another culture, in a developed country with great infrastructures and a huge leisure offer. Not only in Madrid, but also in other cities of the country.
That is why we are going to give you below a series of tips on learning Spanish in Spain, trying to answer some of the main doubts that arise to anyone who is considering studying in Spain.
Learning Spanish for adults
All the programs that you can find in our academy are adapted by levels. Age does not matter. The classes are adapted to all ages. The most important thing is that the students are grouped according to levels. That is why we carry out an initial test to determine your level of Spanish.
Learn Spanish in Spain: available programs
As we said, the important thing about learning Spanish in Spain is not the age, but the levels. For this, we have different options of Spanish programs available:
- One-to-one classes
- Standard: with a number of Spanish classes per week.
- Intensive: a higher number of concentrated Spanish classes per week. To learn Spanish as quickly as possible
- Spanish courses to pass the DELE exam. These are intensive courses to obtain this official Spanish certificate.
Learn Spanish in Spain: summer programs
At Academia Contacto we offer summer programs to learn Spanish in Spain. However, our courses can be adapted to all periods of the year. Thus, you can learn Spanish in Spain in summer, or at any other time of the year. In the following link you have all the starting dates of Spanish courses in Madrid, so you can prepare your study trip.
Student visa: is it necessary?
Yes, to learn Spanish in Spain you will need a student visa. There are three different types, depending on how long you will be in the country. You must apply at the Spanish embassy or consulate in your home country:
- Student visa for less than three months
- Student visa for three to six months
- Student visa for more than six months
Due to COVID-19, the medical requirements for student visas may change. Therefore, we recommend that you contact the above-mentioned organizations to find out what requirements you must know at the time of your trip.
At Academia Contacto we can help you arrange your student visa if you need it to take one of our Spanish courses.
Learning and working?
Our recommendation is that you start by attending classes only. From a certain level of Spanish, and once you are familiar with the city and the environment, you can start looking for a job.
Learn Spanish in Spain and working at the same time is a great idea to consolidate the knowledge you are acquiring in class. It is, in fact, the best way to become fluent in Spanish that you will never forget. Working in Spain will bring you even closer to your goal of becoming bilingual.
Is it possible to learn Spanish in Spain with accommodation?
Yes, at Academia Contacto we offer to learn Spanish in Spain with accommodation. We understand that you probably do not know our country, so it may be difficult for you to find a reliable accommodation. We work with host families that we know very well and who treat our students exceptionally well.
We also have shared flats in central areas. In any case, we always look for interaction with an environment similar to yours. This will facilitate the process of learning Spanish in Spain. And it will make you feel more comfortable during your stay and classes in Spain.
How much does it cost to learn Spanish in Spain?
To learn Spanish in Spain you must consider different expenses. First of all, you should know how much the student visa costs. Its price will depend on where you are traveling from:
- 160$ from the United States
- 98$ from Canada
- 67$ from other countries
Secondly, you should take into account the cost of flights. A good flight comparator to get cheap prices to fly to Spain is Skyscanner. Here you can find flights from anywhere in the world.
Finally we have the price of Spanish courses, which you can check on the following pages, depending on the destination you prefer:
- Price of Spanish courses in Madrid
- Price of Spanish courses in Barcelona
- Price of Spanish courses in Valencia
- Price of Spanish courses in Alicante
- Price of Spanish courses in Granada
Remember you can add accommodation to these courses. It is the best way to ensure a quality place to live while you learn Spanish in Spain. You also have the possibility to look for accommodation on your own, although in most cases this option is more expensive.
Here you can find prices for flats shared in Madrid and host families to learn Spanish in Spain.
Best place to learn Spanish in Spain
As you have seen, at Academia Contacto we have Spanish schools and courses in different cities. Where is the best place to learn Spanish in Spain? The answer depends on your personal preferences and tastes. Spain is a multicultural country, with very different climates and different cities just a few kilometers away. It would be best to try to get to know more than one city while learning Spanish in Spain.
We understand that this is not always possible, so here are some facts about the cities, so that you can decide for yourself which is the best place to learn Spanish in Spain for you:
- Madrid. It is the capital of Spain. It is the largest city, with more cultural offerings, more leisure and more people of other nationalities.
- Barcelona. With a lifestyle very similar to Madrid. With a cultural and leisure offer also very important. Multicultural and with a beach, temperatures are milder in this area.
- Valencia and Alicante. We talk about them together because they are similar areas. They have the advantage that the cost of living here is cheaper. And they are also big cities with many options for leisure, meeting people and... even better weather than in the two previous ones (and beach to enjoy it).
- Granada. Another cultural and leisure center of our country. One of the most beautiful cities in Spain, with a great gastronomic and cultural atmosphere.