Spanish Courses in Madrid
Every Monday (Except for absolute beginners)
Absolute beginners 2023: 2/1, 16/1, 6/2, 20/2, 6/3, 20/3, 3/4, 17/4, 3/5, 16/5, 5/6, 19/6, 3/7, 17/7, 7/8, 21/8, 4/9, 18/9, 2/10, 16/10, 6/11, 20/11, 4/12
Absolute beginners 2024: 2/1, 15/1, 5/2, 4/3, 1/4, 15/4, 6/5, 3/6, 1/7, 15/7, 5/8, 2/9, 16/9, 7/10, 21/10, 4/11, 2/12
Individual courses: Flexible
Holidays 2023: 6/1, 20/3, 6/4, 7/4, 1/5, 2/5, 15/5, 15/8, 12/10, 1/11, 9/11, 6/12, 8/12, 25/12
Holidays 2024: 1/1, 28/3, 29/3, 1/5, 2/5, 15/5, 25/7, 15/8, 1/11, 6/12, 25/12
If you are coming to take a Spanish course, you will find that Madrid is a vibrant, busy city full of bohemian energy. Throughout the city you will experience its lively and cosmopolitan atmosphere along with the charm of its past. Since its early days, people have come from all regions of Spain to settle in Madrid, thereby enriching the city with their own cultural traditions. Artists, writers and fashion designers have taken up residence in Madrid after finding here the inspiration necessary to their creative work.
There are several main barrios in Madrid – all contribute to its beauty. Malasaña is famous for its sweet hippy scene, Salamanca for being for grandiose, Argüelles for its animated university atmosphere, Sol for its monuments, Chueca for the colourful gay scene, and La Latina is one of the most charming places to relax and enjoy a drink. Madrid will captivate you from the moment you arrive.
- The most important museums of Madrid – the Prado museum, Thyssen-Bornemisza museum and Reina Sofia contemporary art museum – are to be found in the Paseo del Prado.
- Puerta del Sol & Plaza Mayor. The most beautiful and important squares in Madrid, from which all roads started in the past, is where you can enjoy some tapas, drinks and enjoy the Madrid atmosphere at its best.
- The wide variety of cultural venues – from concert halls and opera houses to theatres and museums of world esteem – as well as the architectural splendour of past centuries ensure that tourists from all over the world keep returning to Madrid. The plethora of sunny squares, with Mediterranean charm ensures welcome places to stroll and relax body and soul.
- Madrid is world-famous for its old cafés, cosy tapas bars and restaurants brimming over with life day and night. Visit the small, traditional shops, which have preserved the atmosphere of bygone days with their nostalgic interiors!
- Madrid nightlife is also world famous. It is one of the world’s liveliest cities, and a city that never sleeps. The energy goes on all night, and Madrid clubs and pubs are open all year round. Madrid’s nightlife has something for everybody, whatever your preferences, age or nationality.
All in all, Madrid is a diverse city for everyone and anyone. You will find yourself at home and you may never want to leave.
Opened in 2001 and accredited by the Cervantes Institute, the school is our eldest and dearest. We’ve used the experience gained to constantly improve and provide the best service.
Located in the heart of Madrid – on a quiet street in the charming borough of Chamberí – the Spanish school is never more than a stone’s throw from every amazing attraction of this beautiful city. Within walking distance from several main Metro stations (on lines 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and 10), less than twenty minutes walk from Puerta del Sol, and with the most delightful typically Spanish square in Plaza de Olavide around the corner, the school´s location cannot be understated.
The school of your Spanish course consists of eight spacious, vibrant and modern classrooms, each fitted with air conditioning and heating. At full capacity we host 80 students, which ensures that one´s personal development is maximised while also creating a friendly, family-like aura. Other services include wireless Internet access, coffee and tea facilities, a library, relaxing sofas, tablets, and dedication from everyone involved.
A relaxed atmosphere in which one feels at home is key to mastering a foreign language and culture.
Living in one of our carefully selected host families is the best opportunity to experience the Spanish way of life. While you are taking a Spanish course, you will improve your knowledge of Spanish culture whilst making new friends! You will also be given your own set of keys, so this is a great opportunity to combine the joy of home comforts with a sense of independence. Undoubtedly one of the best and most popular ways to immerse yourself in Spanish culture through experiencing the hospitality of a Spanish family. Think of it as a relaxed oral class in a comfortable flat with the added bonus of delicious food!
All families will have internet connection and will provide bedding and towels. You can choose between living half-board – which includes breakfast and dinner – or with just breakfast included. Double rooms are available for two students that come together, and accommodation in Madrid runs from Sunday to Saturday.
We also offer two options that vary on ¨comfort¨ and price to accommodate everyone´s financial needs. If you have any dietary requirements, just let us know! You can also tell us if you would prefer a family with or without children, with or without other students, non smoking…
Check out the table below for a breakdown of the accommodation prices!
We offer rooms in fully equipped and furnished shared flats in central areas. We have flats where one or two Spaniards live and a majority of flats with just students. This is a great option for those looking for the opportunity to live in a multicultural environment with a variety of different people, after your Spanish course. The perfect way to make lifelong friends during your stay in Spain!
All flats will be centrally located, within walking distance of the school provided you book in advance. All will have internet connection, and there will be no extra costs: electricity, water, internet etc. will all be included in the price. You will share the kitchen, bathroom and living room, and double rooms are available for two students that come together.
We offer two options that vary on ¨comfort¨ and price to accommodate everyone´s financial needs, and accommodation in Madrid runs from Sunday to Saturday. If you have a preference regarding desired flatmates please let us know!
Check out the table below for a breakdown of the accommodation prices!
|Option||Single room||Double room||Single room
|Shared flat *||165 €||125 €|
|Shared flat **||215 €|
|Spanish family *||190 €||170 €||230 €||205 €|
|Spanish family **||225 €||200 €||260 €||235 €|
- Guided walk in the heart of the city
- Thematic city walks and tours eg. Retiro park
- Football matches at Real Madrid´s home ground – the Santiago Bernabeu
- Visits to exhibitions and museums such as the Prado, the Reina Sofia, the Thyssen Bornemisza etc.
- Trips to the theatre, concerts, other events
- Bars, restaurants & club nights with other students
- Visits to local companies
- Live Music shows and Karaoke nights
- Flamenco nights
- Meet & Dance, to speak and salsa at one of Madrid´s best clubs!
- Wine and tapas nights with other students
- Meet & Speak : Talks and readings on social, political or historical topics
- Language Exchange night
- Half-day trips
- Whole day excursions (Sat. or Sun.) to cities close to Madrid.
- Weekend excursions to other parts of Spain
- Guided walks (hikes) and bike tours, (eg : hike up the Sierra de Guadarrama)
Before the Spanish course
- “Pre-Contacto”: you will be sent relevant information.
- Airport transfer.
- Organization of insurance against any illnesses or accidents.
- Arrangement of accommodation for anyone accompanying you.
- Possibility to enrol at short notice.
- Cancellation insurance.
- Teaching materials
- Library with works in four languages
- Personal advice
- Spanish newspapers and magazines
- Use of Internet, e-mail
- Student ID
- Printing for travel documents
- Certificate upon completion
- Easy mode of payment: credit cards are welcome
- Information about cultural events and ticket booking service.
- Arrangement of leisure time activities for the period of the language course, e.g. sport, dance, music.
- Arrangement of “intercambios” – individual language exchange with native Spanish speakers.
- 24-hour telephone emergency service.