Courses in Barcelona
Duration of the Spanish courses: as many weeks as you wish
Number of participants: 3 to 10 per group
1 lesson = 55 minutes
Levels: A1- C1
Every Monday (Except absolute beginners)
Absolute beginners 2018: 8/1, 15/1, 29/1, 12/2, 26/2, 12/3, 26/3, 9/4, 16/4, 23/4, 30/4, 7/5, 14/5, 22/5, 28/5, 4/6, 11/6, 18/6, 25/6, 2/7, 9/7, 16/7, 23/7, 30/7, 6/8, 13/8, 20/8, 27/8, 3/9, 10/9, 17/9, 25/9, 1/10, 8/10, 15/10, 22/10, 29/10, 5/11, 19/11, 10/12
Individual courses: Flexible
Holidays 2018: 1/1, 6/1, 30/3, 2/4, 1/5, 21/5, 15/8, 11/9, 24/9, 12/10, 1/11, 6/12, 8/12
The school closes: 22/12/2018 to 30/12/2018.
Barcelona is one of Spain’s most attractive and cosmopolitan cities. Few cities can boast such a perfect symbiosis between tradition and modernity, art and history, culture and life.
A visit to Barcelona is always an intense and lively sensual experience. Walking through the city you will feel invited to discover surprising modernist buildings, wonderful museums and modern art foundations, imposing gothic churches, designer bars, breath-taking perspectives…
- Gaudi’s genial works will leave you speechless: the Güell park, the cathedral of the Sagrada Familia, the curious building of La Pedrera…
- With the sun blazing down, the golden beaches and clear blue sea will be impossible to resist!
- ´Las Ramblas´, barcelona’s vibrant and lively promenade popular with tourists and locals alike.
- Museo Picasso, Fundación Miró, Museo del Modernismo, Museo Nacional de Arte de Cataluña…
- You will have never seen a region with so many “fiestas” and such strongly rooted traditions. The world-famous nightlife will be hard to forget, and the folklore of Catalonia, with its deep Mediterranean roots, will surprise you by its variety and its originality.
Come to our school to share the Catalonians’ way of life. Academia Contacto: the best for you.
Our partner school in Barcelona (Linguabarcelona) is located in a stunning 19th Century house on a charming “Pasaje” (without traffic so you can even hear the birds sing) in the heart of the city. Being a mere five minute walk from Plaza Catalunya the school is never more than a stone’s throw from every amazing attraction of this beautiful city, such as Gaudí´s Casa Battló, one of the most important monuments of European modernism. Whilst being a centre of excellence, the school possesses an atmosphere typical of the remarkable city it is engulfed in. You will meet people from all over the world in remarkable settings, say under the palm tree in our gorgeous garden while having a coffee, or in our open-air terrace during Monday´s welcome drinks of Sangria.
Accredited by the Cervantes Institute, the school consists of twelve spacious, vibrant and modern classrooms, each fitted with interactive technology, air conditioning and heating. Other services include a terrace, wireless Internet access, coffee and tea facilities, a library, computers, relaxing sofas, disabled access, and dedication from everyone involved.
- Guided walk in the heart of the city
- Thematic city walks
- Visits to exhibitions and museums
- Theatre, concert, other events
- Bars, restaurants & clubs
- Visits to local companies
- Live Music
- Spanish film screenings
- Art exhibitions by local artists
- Talks and readings on social, political or historical topics
- Literature workshops
- Half-day trips
- Whole day excursions (Sat. or Sun.)
- Weekend excursions
- Guided walks and bike tours
Before the Spanish course
- “Pre-Contacto”: you will be sent relevant information
- Need help with banking, mobile phones, travel and flights? Set a foot
- Airport transfer
- Organization of insurance against illness and accidents
- Arrangement of accommodation for accompanying persons
- Possibility to enrol at short notice
- Cancellation insurance
- Teaching materials
- Library with works in four languages
- Personal advice
- Spanish newspapers and magazines
- Use of Internet, e-mail
- Student ID
- Printing for travel documents
- Certificate upon completion
- Easy mode of payment: credit cards are welcome
- Information about cultural events and ticket booking service.
- Arrangement of leisure time activities for the period of the language course, e.g. sport, dance, music
- Arrangement of “intercambios” – individual language exchange with native Spanish speakers
- 24-hour telephone emergency service