Courses in Valencia
Duration of the courses: as many weeks as you wish
Number of participants: 3 to 10 per group
1 lesson = 50 minutes
Levels: A1- C1
Every Monday (Except absolute beginners)
Absolute beginners 2018: 2/1, 5/2, 20/3, 23/4, 21/5, 11/6, 25/6, 9/7, 23/7, 6/8, 20/8, 3/9, 17/9, 15/10, 26/11
Individual courses: Flexible
Holidays 2018: 1/1, 22/1, 19/3, 29/3, 30/3, 2/4, 9/4, 1/5, 15/8, 9/10, 12/10, 1/11, 6/12, 8/12, 24/12, 31/12. .
Valencia, the third largest city in the country, is surrounded by orchards and mountain ranges: oranges, mandarins and lemons bring colourful touches to the countryside. Large and cosmopolitan, it has a thriving economic and commercial activity centred on its important fairs and its harbour.
A visit to the City of Arts and Sciences is a must. Work of the Valencian architect Santiago Calatrava, this scientific and cultural leisure complex covers around two kilometres of the former riverbed of the River Turia, and several of its buildings have become icons of the city.
- With a coast boasting wonderful beaches, the area around Valencia is a pearl of nature.
- The old part of town reflects the city´s beauty, thanks to its numerous monuments.
- The “Fallas” is Valencia’s most famous and probably most spectacular festival. The 5-day festival takes place in March and the focus of the fiesta is the creation and destruction of huge cardboard, wood, paper-maché and plaster ´ninots´(puppets or dolls). A lively, loud and smoky fiesta where the town is literally set ablaze!
- Many flock to Valencia just for the delicious food! Valencia can also boast about its paella. Beside this famous rice dish, there are other delicious specialties like “fideuá” , “suc de peix” (fish soup), arroz negro, all I pebre… which we can only advise you to try in the sun in Valencia´s beautiful market square.
Academia Contacto and its team invite you to come and discover the many facets of this truly interesting city.
Our partner school in Valencia (AIP Idiomas) is located just north of the centre of the city, and is never more than a stone’s throw from every amazing attraction of this beautiful city, with the historic and biggest park in the city, Los Jardins del Real o Viveros, being just around the corner. The school is also well connected, being within 200m of Benimaclet metro station (lines 3, 4 and 6), and walking distance from Facultats metro station (line 3).
Accredited by the Cervantes Institute, the school consists of sixteen spacious, vibrant and modern classrooms, each fitted with projectors, air conditioning and heating. Other services include wireless Internet access, coffee and tea facilities, a library, computers, relaxing sofas, a lounge, disabled access, and dedication from everyone involved.
There are 27 members of staff in the school, including our Spanish teachers; all of whom are native, experienced and professional.
- Guided walk in the heart of the city
- Thematic city walks
- Visits to exhibitions and museums
- Theatre, concert, other events
- Bars, restaurants & clubs
- Visits to local companies
- Live Music
- Spanish film screenings
- Art exhibitions by local artists
- Talks and readings on social, political or historical topics
- Literature workshops
- Half-day trips
- Whole day excursions (Sat. or Sun.)
- Weekend excursions
- Guided walks and bike tours
Before the Spanish course
- “Pre-Contacto”: you will be sent relevant information
- Need help with banking, mobile phones, travel and flights? Set a foot
- Airport transfer
- Organization of insurance against illness and accidents
- Arrangement of accommodation for accompanying persons
- Possibility to enrol at short notice
- Cancellation insurance
- Teaching materials
- Library with works in four languages
- Personal advice
- Spanish newspapers and magazines
- Use of Internet, e-mail
- Student ID
- Printing for travel documents
- Certificate upon completion
- Easy mode of payment: credit cards are welcome
- Information about cultural events and ticket booking service.
- Arrangement of leisure time activities for the period of the language course, e.g. sport, dance, music
- Arrangement of “intercambios” – individual language exchange with native Spanish speakers
- 24-hour telephone emergency service