Courses in Madrid
Duration of the courses: as many weeks as you wish
Number of participants: 2 to 9 per group
1 lesson = 55 minutes
Levels: A1- C1
Our “Bildungsurlaub” course is recognized in various federal states of Germany: Berlin, Brandenburg, Bremen, Hamburg, Hesse, Lower Saxony, Mecklenburg- West Pomerania, Rhineland-Palatinate, Saxony-Anhalt, Saarland, Schleswig-Holstein and Thuringia.
The group lessons focus on grammar, vocab, as well as cultural aspects from a practical point of view. During the hour of oral classes, the student will develop their communicative skills by partaking in conversations in small groups.
For the federal states that require 30 hours of sixty minutes (as for example in Hesse or Lower Saxony), the optional activities of literature workshops, Spanish film screenings or talks, and readings on social, political or historical topics are compulsory. For Hesse, for example, we offer 25 hours of group lessons combined with 5 hours of the activities mentioned above.
As every federal state has its own legal regulation of “Bildungsurlaub”, we offer different options. Please don’t hesitate to ask us!
Every Monday (Except for absolute beginners)
Absolute beginners 2017: 2/1, 16/1, 6/2, 6/3, 3/4, 2/5, 16/5, 5/6, 3/7, 17/7, 7/8, 21/8, 4/9, 18/9, 2/10, 6/11, 4/12
Individual courses: Flexible
DELE 20: 02/05, 07/11
Holidays 2017: 6/1, 20/3, 14/4, 1/5, 15/5, 25/7, 15/8, 12/10, 1/11, 9/11, 8/12, 25/12
Madrid is a vibrant, busy city full of bohemian energy. Throughout the city you will experience its lively and cosmopolitan atmosphere along with the charm of its past. Since its early days, people have come from all regions of Spain to settle in Madrid, thereby enriching the city with their own cultural traditions. Artists, writers and fashion designers have taken up residence in Madrid after finding here the inspiration necessary to their creative work.
There are several main barrios in Madrid – all contribute to its beauty. Malasaña is famous for its sweet hippy scene, Salamanca for being for grandiose, Argüelles for its animated university atmosphere, Sol for its monuments, Chueca for the colourful gay scene, and La Latina is one of the most charming places to relax and enjoy a drink. Madrid will captivate you from the moment you arrive.
- The most important museums of Madrid – the Prado museum, Thyssen-Bornemisza museum and Reina Sofia contemporary art museum – are to be found in the Paseo del Prado.
- Puerta del Sol & Plaza Mayor. The most beautiful and important squares in Madrid, from which all roads started in the past, is where you can enjoy some tapas, drinks and enjoy the Madrid atmosphere at its best.
- The wide variety of cultural venues – from concert halls and opera houses to theatres and museums of world esteem – as well as the architectural splendour of past centuries ensure that tourists from all over the world keep returning to Madrid. The plethora of sunny squares, with Mediterranean charm ensures welcome places to stroll and relax body and soul.
- Madrid is world-famous for its old cafés, cosy tapas bars and restaurants brimming over with life day and night. Visit the small, traditional shops, which have preserved the atmosphere of bygone days with their nostalgic interiors!
- Madrid nightlife is also world famous. It is one of the world’s liveliest cities, and a city that never sleeps. The energy goes on all night, and Madrid clubs and pubs are open all year round. Madrid’s nightlife has something for everybody, whatever your preferences, age or nationality.
All in all, Madrid is a diverse city for everyone and anyone. You will find yourself at home and you may never want to leave.
Opened in 2001 and accredited by the Cervantes Institute, the school is our eldest and dearest. We’ve used the experience gained to constantly improve and provide the best service.
Located in the heart of Madrid – on a quiet street in the charming borough of Chamberí – the school is never more than a stone’s throw from every amazing attraction of this beautiful city. Within walking distance from several main Metro stations (on lines 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and 10), less than twenty minutes walk from Puerta del Sol, and with the most delightful typically Spanish square in Plaza de Olavide around the corner, the school´s location cannot be understated.
The school consists of seven spacious, vibrant and modern classrooms, each fitted with air conditioning and heating. At full capacity we host 55 students, which ensures that one´s personal development is maximised while also creating a friendly, family-like aura. Other services include wireless Internet access, coffee and tea facilities, a library, relaxing sofas, tablets, and dedication from everyone involved.
- Guided walk in the heart of the city
- Thematic city walks
- Visits to exhibitions and museums
- Theatre, concert, other events
- Bars, restaurants & clubs
- Visits to local companies
- Live Music
- Spanish film screenings
- Art exhibitions by local artists
- Talks and readings on social, political or historical topics
- Literature workshops
- Half-day trips
- Whole day excursions (Sat. or Sun.)
- Weekend excursions
- Guided walks and bike tours
Before the course
- “Pre-Contacto”: you will be sent relevant information
- Need help with banking, mobile phones, travel and flights? Set a foot
- Airport transfer
- Organization of insurance against illness and accidents
- Arrangement of accommodation for accompanying persons
- Possibility to enrol at short notice
- Cancellation insurance
- Teaching materials
- Library with works in four languages
- Personal advice
- Spanish newspapers and magazines
- Use of Internet, e-mail
- Student ID
- Printing for travel documents
- Certificate upon completion
- Easy mode of payment: credit cards are welcome
- Information about cultural events and ticket booking service.
- Arrangement of leisure time activities for the period of the language course, e.g. sport, dance, music
- Arrangement of “intercambios” – individual language exchange with native Spanish speakers
- 24-hour telephone emergency service