Courses in Granada
Duration of the courses: as many weeks as you wish
Number of participants: 3 to 10 per group
1 lesson = 50 minutes
Levels: A1- C1
Every Monday (Except absolute beginners)
Absolute beginners 2017: 9/1, 13/2, 13/3, 10/4, 8/5, 5/6, 19/6, 26/6, 3/7, 10/7, 17/7, 24/7, 31/7, 7/8, 14/8, 21/8, 28/8, 11/9, 25/9, 23/10, 20/11
Individual courses: Flexible
Holidays 2017: 2/1, 28/2, 14/4, 1/5, 15/8, 15/9, 12/10, 1/11, 8/12, 23/12
23/12/2017 to 1/1/2018
Founded by the Muslims in 711, Granada has become one of the most visited Andalusian capitals thanks to its sheer beauty and rich cultural heritage. Offering great architectural richness, cultural diversity and an incredible atmosphere, Granada is a truly unforgettable city.
When night falls Granada turns into a warm and dazzling city. Every night, young people meet on top of the city walls, looking over Granada and the Alhambra, to play guitar and sing flamenco. Such a magic feeling arises from these impromptu fiestas!
- It is impossible to talk about Granada without mentioning its pearl: the Alhambra. You will never forget the momentous image of the Alhambra set against the mountainous background of the Sierra Nevada. A true wonder of the world.
- The magic of the city, sung by hundreds of writers and poets from time immemorial, will seduce you to strolls through its ancient, historic quarters – like the “Albaicín” or the “Sacromonte” – and encounter quaint squares, gorgeous landscapes and wonderful people.
- In Spring and in Summer, Granada hosts countless festivals. The ceremonies, Easter processions and “corridas” at “Corpus Christi” are famous. In May, there is the International Theatre festival; in June, the International Music and Dance Festival.
At Academia Contacto we open our door for you to share our love for Granada and Spanish culture. Come and we promise that you will be far from disappointed!
Our partner school in Granada (Proyecto Español) is located in the heart of the city – within 100m of the famous cathedral and historic centre – the school is never more than a stone’s throw from every amazing attraction of this beautiful city.
Accredited by the Cervantes Institute, the school consists of six spacious, vibrant and modern classrooms, each fitted with projectors, air conditioning and heating. Other services include wireless Internet access, coffee and tea facilities, a library, computers, relaxing sofas, disabled access, and dedication from everyone involved.
- Guided walk in the heart of the city
- Thematic city walks
- Visits to exhibitions and museums
- Theatre, concert, other events
- Bars, restaurants & clubs
- Visits to local companies
- Live Music
- Spanish film screenings
- Art exhibitions by local artists
- Talks and readings on social, political or historical topics
- Literature workshops
- Half-day trips
- Whole day excursions (Sat. or Sun.)
- Weekend excursions
- Guided walks and bike tours
Before the course
- “Pre-Contacto”: you will be sent relevant information
- Need help with banking, mobile phones, travel and flights? Set a foot
- Airport transfer
- Organization of insurance against illness and accidents
- Arrangement of accommodation for accompanying persons
- Possibility to enrol at short notice
- Cancellation insurance
- Teaching materials
- Library with works in four languages
- Personal advice
- Spanish newspapers and magazines
- Use of Internet, e-mail
- Student ID
- Printing for travel documents
- Certificate upon completion
- Easy mode of payment: credit cards are welcome
- Information about cultural events and ticket booking service.
- Arrangement of leisure time activities for the period of the language course, e.g. sport, dance, music
- Arrangement of “intercambios” – individual language exchange with native Spanish speakers
- 24-hour telephone emergency service