Summer is coming! And one of the most attractive things to do is to have a beer or a cocktail in the sky… In the sky? Is it possible? Yes it is. Madrid harbors many different buildings which offer this possibility! In Spain this trend is known as “terraza” (terrace). And is a perfect option to disconnect after your spanish classes in Madrid. Our favourite terrazas are:
- Hotel Iberostar Las Letras. From here you can see the emblematic Telefonica building. You can get there from our Spanish school in only 20 minutes on foot! Through ‘Plaza del 2 de Mayo’, and Chueca, you´ll arrive at this hotel, which has a very interesting terrace.
- Círculo de Bellas Artes. You'll have to pay for a ticket (around 4 €), but is worth it! You´ll be in the most modern, active and ‘high class’ terrace in Madrid. Wear your best clothes, and relax with the incredible views from this terrace. Madrid at your feet.
- The Hat Madrid. Its name is telling you all you need to know. Close to the Plaza Mayor (a must see in this city) you´ll find this hidden gem. Located in Calle Imperial 9, you´ll be in good company. You can eat and drink here. And the views are awesome again.
- Gymage is a modern place which mixes the traditional with the modern. Chillout vibes in Lavapies. You´ll be sitting in a cool place, surrounded by guapos and innovative food. And, in front of you, the old church of San Martín de Tours. In summer the pool is open and ready for a dip. Under the terraza, in the same building, you´ll find a hairdresser, gym, coffee-theatre, and much more.
- Hotel ME Madrid. One of the sought-after! It is very famous, due to its location. In Santa Ana Square, a very lively place, you´ll enjoy incredible views from here. It was called ‘The Penthouse terrace’. Now is difficult to find a sit, but it is a very interesting place. Saturdays until 3,00am for drinking something special with the friends you´ve made in our Spanish School.
It is a great way to discover a different side of Spanish culture. Madrid at its best, modern and cosmopolitan. And a perfect environment to practice the knowledge acquired in your Spanish classes .