Spanish Courses in Valencia
2023: Every Monday
Individual courses: Flexible
Holidays 2023: 6/1, 6/4, 7/4, 10/4, 17/4, 1/5, 15/8, 9/10, 12/10, 1/11, 6/12, 8/12, 25/12
Valencia, the third largest city in the country, is surrounded by orchards and mountain ranges: oranges, mandarins and lemons bring colourful touches to the countryside. Large and cosmopolitan, it has a thriving economic and commercial activity centred on its important fairs and its harbour.
A visit to the City of Arts and Sciences is a must. Work of the Valencian architect Santiago Calatrava, this scientific and cultural leisure complex covers around two kilometres of the former riverbed of the River Turia, and several of its buildings have become icons of the city.
- With a coast boasting wonderful beaches, the area around Valencia is a pearl of nature.
- The old part of town reflects the city´s beauty, thanks to its numerous monuments.
- The “Fallas” is Valencia’s most famous and probably most spectacular festival. The 5-day festival takes place in March and the focus of the fiesta is the creation and destruction of huge cardboard, wood, paper-maché and plaster ´ninots´(puppets or dolls). A lively, loud and smoky fiesta where the town is literally set ablaze!
- Many flock to Valencia just for the delicious food! Valencia can also boast about its paella. Beside this famous rice dish, there are other delicious specialties like “fideuá” , “suc de peix” (fish soup), arroz negro, all I pebre… which we can only advise you to try in the sun in Valencia´s beautiful market square.
Academia Contacto and its team invite you to come and discover the many facets of this truly interesting city.
Our partner school in Valencia (Hispania) is located just north of the centre of the city, and is never more than a stone’s throw from every amazing attraction of this beautiful city, with the historic and biggest park in the city, Los Jardins del Real o Viveros, being just around the corner. The school is also well connected, being within 200m of Benimaclet metro station (lines 3, 4 and 6), and walking distance from Facultats metro station (line 3).
Accredited by the Cervantes Institute, the school consists of sixteen spacious, vibrant and modern classrooms, each fitted with projectors, air conditioning and heating. Other services include wireless Internet access, coffee and tea facilities, a library, computers, relaxing sofas, a lounge, disabled access, and dedication from everyone involved.
There are 27 members of staff in the school, including our Spanish teachers; all of whom are native, experienced and professional.
- Guided walk in the heart of the city to visit the famous plaza´s, such as Plaza de la Reina, Plaza Redonda and Plaza Lope de Vega.
Tapas and drinks.
Thematic city walks and tours.
Football matches at the famous Estadio de Mestalla!
Visits to exhibitions and museums such as the City of Arts and Sciences.
Trips to the theatre, concerts, Cathedral and the Holy Grail.
Bars, restaurants & club nights with other students.
Beaches, of which the most famous are La Malvarrosa, split into sections such as Playa las Arenas and Playa Cabanyal.
Walks around the Turia park located in the centre of the city and previously the River Turia.
- Live Music shows.
- Spanish film screenings.
- Wine and tapas nights.
- Talks and readings on social, political or historical topics on the vast history of Valencia, and its connection with the Christian and Muslim religions.
- Spanish literature workshops.
- Paella nights in Spain´s most famous paella city.
- Half-day trips to Valencia´s copious orchards and mountain ranges.
Trip to the Miguelete bell tower to admire Valencia from above.
Whole day excursions (Sat. or Sun.) to Valencia´s central market.
Weekend excursions to other parts of Spain or nearby countries.
Guided walks (hikes) and bike tours.
Before the Spanish course
- You can easily apply online.
Transfer from the airport.
We manage your health and accident insurance.
We can help you find shared accommodation.
Possibility of making an immediate registration.
You can book the cancellation insurance if plans change.
- Materials for the course
Library for students with books in different languages
Daily Spanish newspapers
Student identity card
Possibility to print your documents
Diploma end of course
Credit cards accepted
- Access to information on culture and leisure plans in the city.
Proposal of activities of all kinds: dance, music, visits, etc.
Conversations with native speakers in order to acquire greater fluency.
Telephone available for emergencies.